Tri-Cities Historical Museum

The Tri-Cities Historical Museum occupies two historic buildings—the Grand Trunk Railroad Depot, originally built in 1870, and the Akeley Building, originally built in 1871. Today, these relics display artifacts from Spring Lake, Ferrysburg and Grand Haven’s pasts. The Depot Museum has shipwreck ... Read More
The Tri-Cities Historical Museum occupies two historic buildings—the Grand Trunk Railroad Depot, originally built in 1870, and the Akeley Building, originally built in 1871. Today, these relics display artifacts from Spring Lake, Ferrysburg and Grand Haven’s pasts. The Depot Museum has shipwreck artifacts, memorabilia from the railroad and artifacts from the Coast Guard on display. While the Akeley Building’s first floor has a permanent exhibit displaying the Tri-Cities history in chronological order, starting with a Native American wigwam and going back to a Victorian era house; on the top floor of the building there are two other permanent exhibits, a medical and a soda fountain exhibit—the upper floors are reserved for the temporary exhibits.