Julius Horsthuis' "Geometric Properties"
Admission: Adults (16+) $24. First Responders $20. Children (4-15) $17. Children under 4 are free.
Weekday Family Pack (2 adults and 2 children) $50
When: Through September 6, 2021 (Open Sunday - Thursday, 10AM - 9PM. Friday - Saturday 10AM - 10PM)"
NYBG Ticket Counter, Bronx Park Rd, Bronx, NY 10467, USA
Photo by Michelle Lema
PEOPLE ARE SAYING:
Admission: Kusama’s Garden & Gallery Pass [Adult: $35; Student (with valid ID) & Senior (65+): $32; Children (2-12): $15, Free for children under 2] This includes access to all 𝘒𝘶𝘴𝘢𝘮𝘢 𝘊𝘰𝘴𝘮𝘪𝘤 𝘕𝘢𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦 outdoor installations across the grounds and access to the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory, installations inside LuEsther T. Mertz Library Building and Ross Gallery, as well as interior access to Flower Obsession, obliteration greenhouse and Pumpkins Screaming About Love Beyond Infinity in the Visitor Center Gallery, plus the Tram Tour, and Garden features including the Everett Children’s Adventure Garden and outdoor collections.
Please note: Advance tix reservations are required as walk-in admission is not guaranteed. The Infinity Mirrored Room—Illusion Inside the Heart is sold separately for $10 ticket
When: Through Oct 31, 2021 (Tues-Sun 10am-6pm, until 9pm Saturdays in May and June)
Admission: Adults: $15, Students and Seniors: $10, Children 5-17: $8. Under 5: Free
Admission on Mondays is ‘Pay What You Wish’. Get tixs at www.eldridgestreet.org
When: Sunday-Thursday 10am-5pm, Friday 10am-3pm. (Closed Saturdays)
NYC’s first board game cafe in Greenwich Village. Expect coffee, beer, light eats, wifi, and more. 🗓: Open Mon-Thur from 2PM-10PM, Fri/Sat from 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-10pm. 💰: $10 per person ($5 for students on Mon-Thurs), with a three-hour limit during peak periods.
I've rounded up some of my favorite low-cost date spots around the city - you can find them here:
LOW COST FUN DATE IDEAS IN NYC
Save this post and share if you find this helpful😀
1. Pictured here is @theuncommonsnyc (📍230 Thompson St) NYC’s first board game cafe in Greenwich Village. Expect coffee, beer, light eats, wifi, and more. 🗓: Open Mon-Thur from 2PM-10PM, Fri/Sat from 12pm-12am, Sun 12pm-10pm. 💰: $10 per person ($5 for students on Mon-Thurs), with a three-hour limit during peak periods.
2. @SipNPlayNYC (📍471 5th ave. Brooklyn, NY) Park Slope’s first board game cafe. They have indoor and outdoor seating. Expect coffee, boba, beer/wine, food 🗓: Fri/Sat 10am-12am, Sun-Thurs 10am-11pm. 💰$7/person for 3 hours of gameplay. ($10 Fri-Sun & Holidays)
3. @hexandcompany Board Game cafe. There's a west side location on 📍2911 Broadway (between 114th & 113th), 🗓: Mon-Thurs 8am-11pm, Fri/Sat 9am – 12am, Sun 9am – 11pm. There’s a UES location (📍:1462 1st Ave), 🗓: Mon-Thurs 10am-11pm, Fri/Sat 10am – 12am, Sun 10am – 11pm. Expect coffee, breakfast, light eats, craft beer on tap, cocktails, wine, wifi. There’s indoor and outdoor seating. 💰: $10/person, $5/student
4. @PlayDate.NYC (📍135-29 Roosevelt Ave, Flushing). Food spot/arcade. Expect claw machines (bring cash, 💰: $2 per game=4 tokens), a selection of Taiwanese night market snacks, and fresh fruit teas. They have food combos like fried chicken, fries, and boba for $14. The food you can pay with card. 🗓: Sun-Thurs 11am-11pm, Fri-Sat 11am-12am.
5. @SweetCatsCafe (📍35-21 Farrington St, Flushing) This pink cafe/arcade has 2 floors of claw machines with plushies, pink furniture, and neon signs.💰: $1=2 coins and most claw machines are 3-4 coins. 🗓: Daily 12pm-7pm. Check my previous post for more info!
6. @thesketchbookproject at @BrooklynArtLibrary’s (📍28 Frost St, Brooklyn). Browse through sketchbooks. Appts are available b/w 🗓: 12pm-4pm Wed-Fri. You can reserve thru their website for up to 3 people. 💰: FREE.
7. Adventure Park at @Area53NYC (📍616 Scholes St, Brooklyn). Expect 3 hrs worth of any of these activities: lazer maze, battle beam,ninja course, skating, rock climbing, ropes course, etc. 🗓: Wed/Thurs 5pm-11pm and Fri-Sun 2pm-11pm. 💰: $38 on weekdays & $48 on weekends.
Board Game cafe. There's a west side location on 📍2911 Broadway (between 114th & 113th), 🗓: Mon-Thurs 8am-11pm, Fri/Sat 9am – 12am, Sun 9am – 11pm. There’s a UES location (📍:1462 1st Ave), 🗓: Mon-Thurs 10am-11pm, Fri/Sat 10am – 12am, Sun 10am – 11pm. Expect coffee, breakfast, light eats, craft beer on tap, cocktails, wine, wifi. There’s indoor and outdoor seating. 💰: $10/person, $5/student
I've rounded up my favorite low-cost date spots, you can find them here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ1GSwCHEft/
Admission: $10, Children 5 and under go free.
Note: No solo visitors will be allowed. Admission is restricted to groups of 2 or more.
When: Daily 10:00am-8:00pm
TIP: Right next to The Vessel is Hudson Yards Mall. Get a $20 Hudson Yards gift card when you link your credit card to sign up for the hudson yards app. Also reedem awards for free when you show your reward code to an ambassador at the Concierge Desk in The Shops on Level 1
Park Slope’s first board game cafe. They have indoor and outdoor seating. Expect coffee, boba, beer/wine, food 🗓: Fri/Sat 10am-12am, Sun-Thurs 10am-11pm. 💰$7/person for 3 hours of gameplay. ($10 Fri-Sun & Holidays)
I've rounded up my favorite low-cost date spots, you can find them here:
Feeling like I’m in a glass castle at @summitov
What to expect with GA:
🏙You’ll get a QR code wristband so you can download photos Summit photographer take
🏙Before going up the elevator you’ll take your portrait which might appear in the Unity room
🏙Take a 42-sec ride in a light-and-mirror-infused elevator up 1k ft to the 91st fl.
Transcendence 1: Mirrored room by @kenzodigital Affinity-balloon room
Levitation-Step into two glass ledges suspended 1,063 ft above Madison Ave (People form a line for this so you’re not given much time for photos/videos.)
Transcendence 2-mezzanine vantage point looking down at Transcendence 1.
Unity-become a part of the experience itself, when your 3-D portrait is transformed into a cloud in a animated skyscape.
Clouds- mirrored sculpture room by #YayoiKusama Apres- sky-high lounge and café where you can buy light bites/cocktails
Summit Terrace- an open-air wraparound space featuring an indoor & outdoor bar
Ascent -glass elevator where you’ll journey to over 1,200 ft (not included in GA)
Other things to keep in mind:
📝Give yourself at least 2-3 hours to enjoy the experience without rushing. The bathrooms have views too
📝Best time to go? It’s stunning at any time! Imo it’s hard to take photos during the night. I suggest coming right when they open to have less people in your pics
📝Bring sunglasses during the day as it’s super bright with all the reflective materials used.
📝You’ll be given disposable shoe covers. Stiletto heels/footwear that could damage the mirrored floor are not allowed (I think you can be barefoot?)
📝Avoid short dresses/skirts bc you’ll be walking on mirrored floors
📝Selfie-sticks, tripods, profesh photo/video equipment are not permitted.
💰: Prices differ if daytime or evening. Starts at $39, $59 for elevator. + $10 during sunset. Discounted tixs for NYC residents & active/retired members of the U.S Armed Forces are eligible for free/ reduced price tixs.
📍: 45 E 42nd St (Entrance located on the Main Concourse of Grand Central Terminal)
🗓: Thurs 3pm-10:30pm; Fri & Sat 9am-12am; Sun 10am-7pm